Thursday, January 1, 2009


I'm still trying to figure out how to format my blog. So hopefully, I'll improve with each attempt.

Anyway I thought this was my last chance to appreciate my Christmas Decor.
I have come to realize that Christmas decorations evolve with time and as your family grows up and moves out, you're tastes change. Mine have anyway. No more painted cookie ornaments that look like your first dog. That one went to my son. 

I divided the ornaments between my children. You know, the ones  that were so dear and sentimental to my family. They couldn't understand why I would forsake their childhood for a more contemporary tree. That dog ornament that was so special to my son, he now admits that he has "lost it". As a matter of fact I don't think any of the "treasured" ornaments have made it to their own trees.

I did keep some of the later year's ornaments for our "vacation home" tree. We, as of yet, don't actually have a vacation home, but when we do I'll be ready.

A divorce attorney once told me that when women leave their husbands, and time is of the essence to collect a few things, the majority of women chose to take their Christmas decorations.

I can certainly believe this, knowing what a labor of love goes into the process. Each year as I open the storage boxes I get so excited to see the "sale" additions I added the year before.

I'm sure I'll keep changing, because I'm a designer and that's what I do. Always something new, but classic treasures from the past will always hold a place in my heart.

So out with the old and on to the New Year - Cheers - and may your happiest times be ahead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment